Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
AKR Absent Member.
Absent Member.

eMail Notification When Responsible Tester is set under Test Lab

How do I set an email notification to be sent to the Responsible Tester, when the particular name is set in the Test Lab, along with the Planned execution Date etc.,
0 Likes
16 Replies
SreeKrishnan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: eMail Notification When Responsible Tester is set under Test Lab

You can try to do this thru worklow as I do not see any other viable option. You can set this one in Test Lab workflow

Sub TestSetTests_FieldChange(FieldName)

with the following logic. You can use the email logic from some of the earlier posts in this forum (td.Sendmail)

If FieldName = "TC_TESTER_NAME" Then
....email logic...
End If

If FieldName = "TC_PLAN_SCHEDULING_DATE" Then
....email logic...
End If
0 Likes
AKR Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Sree,
Thanks for the reply. Actually I was trying it out and could go to the extent that you had mentioned. I did not know how to add the emailing piece. Can you help out? Thanks.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Sure. Can you tell me what you want to send on the email.
0 Likes
AKR Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Sree,
I tried the following. Can you please check if this looks good.

If FieldName = "TC_TESTER_NAME" Then
Dim tdc
Dim EmailSubject
Dim EMailBody

Set tdc = TDConnection
EMailSubject = TestSetTest_Fields.Field("TC_TESTER_NAME").Value & " - You have been identified as Responsible Tester in Quality Center"
EMailTo = TestSetTest_Fields.Field("TC_TESTER_NAME").Value
EMailBody = "Please execute the following test : " & TestSetTest_Fields.Field("TC_TEST_ID").Value & "on the following Date : " & TestSetTest_Fields.Field("TC_PLAN_SCHEDULING_DATE").Value

tdc.SendMail EmailTo, "", EMailSubject, EMailBody, NULL , "Text"
End If

thanks
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Looks good.

I would suggest to have the test name\testset instead of test id in your email body so that it might be easier for the tester to find it in the test lab tree

1. For Test name

tdc.TestFactory.Item(TestSetTest_Fields.Field("TC_TEST_ID").value ).Name

2. For TestSetname
tdc.TestSetFactory.Item(TestSetTest_Fields.Field("TC_CYCLE_ID").value).name

0 Likes
AKR Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cool. Thanks for your help Sree.
0 Likes
AKR Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Sree, Whats the syntax for the SendMail Function. I received the email, but the Body of the email did not show up. The email recipient is right and the subject showed up. Can you provide me with the syntax and a sample please.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

tdc.SendMail EmailTo, EmailFrom, EMailSubject, EMailBody, NULL , "Text"
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I tried your earlier script and it did work. If you have changed your EMailBody to have the Test Name and the The test set name make sure you have the syntax right. If you have not figured out yet, post the code here and I will take a look at it.
0 Likes
AKR Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Sree. It worked. There was some error in the additional stuff i tried.
0 Likes
nRekha Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am new to QC and would like to do the same ( send email notification to tester) once tester is assigned in the test lab, i dont understand how and where do we write the script for email logic in the test lab work flow. Can someone please explain little more on this. I do see Execution flow tab in test lab, not sure if thats the same as test lab workflow( i beleive yes) but where do we write the lines of code suggested in this querry. Please let me know
0 Likes
Rhonda Robinson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The Execution Flow tab you see in the Test Lab is NOT the same as the Workflow Script.

The Execution Flow allows you to set dependancies between tests and/or time dependancies for tests in the test set.

The workflow script can be found by selecting Tools > Customize, then select the Workflow option on the left.
0 Likes
nRekha Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Rhonda, that helped me.
0 Likes
WW259113 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

All,
Is their a way we can implement same logic for each step. Send an email to the next responsible person if step is passed.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.