<QC/ALM Support Tip>: How are licenses assigned in ALM 11.5
The functionality of the licenses has been generally changed from what it was in the older versions of ALM and QC.
In ALM 11.5 the licenses can be assigned by domain, project or user, which provides more flexibility.
You may find the new features of the licenses once you log in the Site Administrator of ALM, under the tab Licenses:
Assigning licenses to a Domain
1. Under License Assignments tab select a domain
2. In the Full License column enter the amount of licenses you wish to assign.
3. Click on Save to set the changes.
Assigning licenses to a Project
1. Expand the Domain the projects under the domain should be listed.
2. Assign a number of licenses to the projects note this cannot be greater than the value for that domain.
Assigning licenses to a User
1. Under Named Licenses tab in the Assigned User section click on Select Users
2. Select the user for the name license you wish to assign.
3. Click save to set the changes.
I hope that you will find this information useful
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."