Outstanding Contributor.. cmcn2016 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

"External Component has thrown an exception" - when trying to add users from Site

We have an end user who is experiencing some difficulty. When he adds users to Site when they aren't on the list is fine. When he tries to "add users from site" he gets an error.

In the logs, I see this error being thrown:

Feb 22
09:55:40.308 Feb 22
09:55:40.767 qtp1339581545-16996 [GetUsersIdsInSite] [login_id:*********] [connect_id:3918975] [call_id:172] FREC x******* 48.137.161.110 ERR CAbsServlet.doPost(464)
com.hp.alm.platform.exception.CTdException

Access denied. Only project administrator can call GetUserPropertiesInSite request.;

But other users, who are not project administrators can perform the same steps without getting any errors.

I also compared the different user's project access and they are the same so I'm not sure why the error is showing up in the logs.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Not applicable

Re: "External Component has thrown an exception" - when trying to add users from Site

Greetings,

Thanks for submitting this request,

May I know if you are using customized User Groups?

In addition, you might want to take a look on the Knowledge Document below:

--> User outside of "Site Administrators" cannot add new user via "Add User from Site" even when sufficient permissions are granted

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/document/-/facetsearch/document/KM02159911 

Feel free to take a momento review this information

I will be attentive to your comments

Thank you,
Best regards!

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. cmcn2016 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: "External Component has thrown an exception" - when trying to add users from Site

Thank you.

So in order to apply the workaround I need to go to Site Administration -> Site Configuration?

I do not see the "USER_PROPERTIES_ACCESS_LEVEL" parameter,.

So do I then just need to manually add it and give it a value as shown?

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.