Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
markboomer Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

status=MUTED, label=QC server is muted due to unrecoverable error

Jump to solution

I have an issue where I am trying to connect to a copy of a siteadmin schema but when I do the server always ends up throwing this error.

I do have an active service request open for this but wanted to check in case anyone has had a similar problem.

The scenario is that we are testing a move from a test environment to a production environment, same version of ALM, no upgrade required.

We copied the file repository and restored the backup but when I tried to conenct to the siteadmin schema I get this error state on the ALM server.

I can create a new blank schema and can restore the projects that were copied across from test to production but I am unable to connect to the site admin schema that was copied from the test environment.

Has anyone had to deal with a similar situation?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor.

Re: status=MUTED, label=QC server is muted due to unrecoverable error

Jump to solution

We eventually tracked down what was causing this problem.

It turned out that the server that was hosting the file repository on the test system had developed an issue which was stopping it authenticating to the domain. The server was behaving more like a workgroup server rather than a domain server.

The file repository server was removed from the domain and then rejoined and eveything started working as expected.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Contributor.. Anton_Labachev Contributor..
Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello,

First of all it is better to continue working on the SR you've already logged.

However it is important here to say that you must have equal passphrases on both instances.

This can be one of the reasouns for the issue.

Best regards,
Anton Labachev

HP Support
[If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance. ]

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/News/Support-Customer-Forums-now-available/m-p/5610181/message-uid/5610181#U5610181
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Jackierock Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

1. Which version of ALM you are using?

2. Would it be possbile to share a screen shot of the error you faced?

Regards,

Huaming Yang

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

I am using the same passphrase that was used on the siteadmin schema from the test system. 

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

The error in the wrapper log is

INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/04/27 14:37:44.014 | Caused by: java.io.IOException: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request

When I access ALM via the browser it displays the error 

It is like ALM thinks this is a secondary node in a cluster, 

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Sorry Its HP ALM 12.20 Build 3264

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

We eventually tracked down what was causing this problem.

It turned out that the server that was hosting the file repository on the test system had developed an issue which was stopping it authenticating to the domain. The server was behaving more like a workgroup server rather than a domain server.

The file repository server was removed from the domain and then rejoined and eveything started working as expected.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Established Member.. anandkch
Established Member..

Jump to solution

I applied the below fix and it worked. The issue is due to the Autopass failure.

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM03172325

Windows:

<drive>\ProgramData\HP\ALM\repository\sa\DomsInfo\MaintenanceData\conf\autopass

<drive>\ProgramData\HP\ALM\repository\productData\license

2) Copy the contents from the ALM install media: TD4QC_<build>.zip\TD4QC_<build>\TD4QC_<build>\Data\sa\DomsInfo\MaintenanceData\conf\autopass

Paste the contents into the following path...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.