Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

An Excel utility to export ALM project customization

I have developed an Excel utility which can export ALM project customization. My purpose is to:

• Backup the ALM project customization. Before this utility, I record all customization in excel format manually.
  • Easy and simple way for me to check if ALM project customization is as planning
  • Can export the most entities fields customization, Project List, User groups and Users, Site parameters
  • It use OTA and can work with ALM 11.00, 11.52 & 12.x. 

Please see the attached zip file for Excel utility and pdf for screenshots. I want to share this with you and get some feedback to help me improve this utility. Thank you.

Updates: 
2016/4/29 - Removed the Chinese Sub name in the marco.
2016/5/10 - Support ALM 11.52 which doesn't have sanitization field property.
2016/05/13 - Connection error handling enhancment and fix Site Administrator fixed URL defect. Add Login dialog to hide the password
2016/05/17 - Support ALM 11 (Use GetTDVersion instead of GetTDVersionEx which ALM 11 doesn't have GetTDVersionEx)

23 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

I update it in the attachment of the original post.
Gary
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Thanks Gary.With this new version,I was not able to see the rows 1 to 4 and row 5 being empty which usually used to ask the server URL and credentials along with domain\project info.I was able to see from rows 5 as attached in the screeenshot.

Please check if the rows are hidden in the updated version.I didn't have this issue with the previous version.

Venkat
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi Venkat,

Yes. Row 1 to 4 were replaced by a new Login doalog.

ALM Exporter Login DialogALM Exporter Login Dialog

Gary

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks Gary,how do i get to this dialog box??When I open this spreadsheet it is not popping up any dialog box and I couldn't find the same in ALM tab as well.Please let me know if I am missing anything.

Venkat
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi Venkata,

Just click the button.

Gary
0 Likes
Highlighted

Got it thanks 🙂 ,never realized the pop-up works that way.My bad !!

Venkat
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Don't have many experiences on Excel marco, and don't have much time to do the UI design.
Gary
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Dear 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

It looks like a very interesting utility. Though when I try to run the utility I get the following error:

ActiveX error when I try to run the UtilityActiveX error when I try to run the Utility

I have registered HP ALM Client and I am using Windows 8. Any thoughts?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

I use this all the time.  Thanks so much for this useful tool!

Highlighted
New Member.

Hi Gary,

I am facing some issue while accessing this excel utility.

My scope of work requires to export HPQC project in excel format and not in .qcp format.

This utility gives error whenever i'm logging in it.

Kindly assist.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.