Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Quality Center - Standardization

Currently in my project, we are using Quality Center 12.53

What are the steps to be followed/applied to existing projects in Quality center so that it fulfills the quality center standards and best practices

Is there any document which talks about QC standards and best practices

I checked in google, in many links it is mentioned about template projects. I did not get the sufficient information apart from that.

Please help.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Aside from the mountains of stuff online you really need to decide how you want to configure ALM to support your business processes. A lot of this depends on your context - even if there was a "best" way to use ALM, trying to superimpose that on your organisation would likely fail.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Can any one please help me with this ? If would be great if I get any documentation...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Did you see arichtman response above? I concur. It really depends on what your organization requires and values. For example, you can set fields to be mandatory besides the system required fields or set a status list that is to be used by projects across the board, so that all projects have the same definitions of statuses or same defect status workflow.

It seems that you have not done the due diligence of looking up the web, as was advised. You should also research on best practices there are plenty published publicly in the industry.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

As for project templates, you can read up the ALM Project Administration Guide. Also, the best way to learn especially if you find yourself going to do this job is to get your hands on. Typically, you can do and "experiment" on a staging or DEV environment so you can learn the ins and out of the tool. It's not that complicated but it needs understanding.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.