With the advent of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and its growing appeal in maturing businesses, Micro Focus has ushered in the market’s most comprehensive automation and orchestration suite—comprised of two premium, industry-standard automation solutions.
The first is Micro Focus Unified Functional Testing (UFT), an intelligent test automation solution that interacts with business apps and executes automated processes. The second is Micro Focus Operations Orchestration (OO). This enterprise-scale IT process automation tool acts as the controller and orchestrates end-to-end processes across applications.
As a consolidated offering, Micro Focus RPA thrives at building invisible, digital workforces in IT and business-centric arenas, including banking, finance, insurance, telco, automotive, utilities, manufacturing, and more.
How Micro Focus RPA Works
At the forefront of process automation, Micro Focus RPA consists of three functional components, giving businesses the ability to free up resources for higher value work.
- Business process workflow (process) for designing and/or recording automated processes
- Software robot (bot) for interacting with business apps and executing automated processes
- Robot controller (orchestrator) for scheduling, remote control, monitoring, and asset management
Unlike BPO-based products, RPA’s approach is task-oriented, which automates individual tasks that roll up into a process. Given its “sashimi-like” approach, tasks are ultimately designed and implemented in hours, days, or even weeks for extensive functions and processes.
Introducing Micro Focus RPA
- UFT provides the combustion for sophisticated process automation. Use it to mix-and-match recorded and scripted processes, or run UFT “bots” on distributed infrastructures and Citrix/Virtual environments. Leverage UFT’s machine-driven features while also automating tasks across a large stack of apps and environments.
- OO automates complete actions using workflows that link steps to standardize any process at enterprise scale. With OO, you can automate end-to-end processes with a proven, enterprise-grade orchestration engine that provides extensive out-of-the-box content and open APIs to integrate across traditional and hybrid IT ecosystems, teams, and tools.
Together, these products provide a scalable orchestration platform that let’s businesses replicate user actions easily as a way to automate rule-driven business processes and workflows.
Core Functionality of Micro Focus RPA
Micro Focus RPA’s efficiency derives from handling the multitude of mundane, repetitive tasks that have yet to be automated—particularly when dealing with legacy or other systems often viewed as being “brittle” and “limited”. Ideally, businesses that focus on addressing the root causes of their process or technology inefficiencies will maximize the most from the following key features.
Micro Focus RPA in Action
See how simple it is to onboard SAP users using IT-driven requests from Service Management Automation (SMA-X) in this short demo. Watch it now on our YouTube channel.
Micro Focus RPA automates, orchestrates and optimizes businesses across silos and domains can ensure sustainable long-term savings and efficiency of processes, not just the mundane data entry component of a given process. To learn more, visit our "What is Robotic Process Automation?" page. Get the latest updates by joining our LinkedIn RPA group, and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter.
Stay tuned for more about RPA and other related information in upcoming blogs.
(Special thanks to Amir Khan for designing the artwork for RPA!)
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.