Mobile Center 3.0 is generally available for Micro Focus customers and partners! This version of MC introduces many new functionalities as well as quality improvements. This blog post provides a short overview of the main features included in this release.
Mobile Center 3.0 - What's new?
Hosted cloud devices
Extend your lab to include real devices hosted privately in the cloud by StormRunner Functional. This enables you to interact with a larger selection of devices and achieve maximal device coverage, without having to deal with procuring, configuring, and maintaining all the devices needed for testing.
Service Virtualization (SV) integration (early access)
Run bluetooth, near-field communication (NFC), & REST simulations on your mobile devices. The integration is available as early access and is currently only supported with LeanFT.
When testing with LeanFT, use the SV lab server embedded in Mobile Center to record tests including SV actions (service activation and scenario selection) as test steps, using scenarios created from already-performed SV learning sessions.
Genymotion cloud integration (API)
We've enhanced our support for emulators to include cloud emulators. Now you can achieve broader test coverage of devices by using emulated Android devices on the Genymotion cloud. For more details, see Working with emulators.
We're rolling out a newer version of Appium embedded in Mobile Center. Mobile Center 3.0 supports Appium 1.9.0. Non-admin users can now also download Appium logs.
Other enhancements & update
- Terminate app: when interacting with an app, there is now a new option to force close an application running on a device.
- Safari View Controller: record and replay is now supported for the Safari View Controller.
- Administration menu: we've revamped our masthead and changed the location of the Administration menu. Admin users can now access the administration tabs from the Administration menu in the masthead.
- Usage reports: usage data reports now also include data on users.
- Workspaces and shared assets: when you install Mobile Center, a default workspace is created. In addition, the Public workspace has now been replaced by Shared Assets, for sharing devices and apps among users.
- Support for iOS 12
- Recording is now also supported on Android 9.0.
- Certification of additional devices. See supported devices for a complete list of supported and certified devices.
To learn more about these and additional improvements included in Mobile Center 3.0, please viist mobilecenter.microfocus.com
Get your free trial of Mobile Center now!
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.