Micro Focus Unified Functional Testing (UFT) 14.51 introduces a number of new features and enhancements, all designed to optimize your maintenance and test execution time. In this blog, we will touch on the new UFT capabilities that explicitly help you scale your test execution efforts.
For a complete rundown of all new features/enhancements, check out “What’s New” in UFT 14.51.
RPA batch execution
In this release, we've enhanced our support for Robotic Process Automation (RPA) by enabling the Test Batch Runner command line tool to pass test parameters. This feature is particularly useful for running tasks sequentially in a single session, thereby streamlining your processes. For example:
UFTBatchRunnerCMD.exe -source "C:\users\GUITest1" -parameter "Parameter1:UFT;Parameter2:Test"
Users can also execute RPA tasks from the bot (Runtime Engine) in hidden mode by adding the “-visible N” parameter. For example:
UFTBatchRunnerCMD.exe -visible N -source "C:\users\MySample.mtb"
For more details, see Run the test batch via the command line in our Online Help.
UFT now supports the use of Docker containers for running:
- Web tests through StormRunner Functional (SRF)
- Mobile tests through either StormRunner Functional (SRF) or Mobile Center
This ultimately provides the means to test AUTs with decreased effort required for maintenance and installation.
Check out UFT on Docker hub and try it for yourself.
Parallel execution enhancements
UFT 14.51 includes a number of beneficial enhancements that improve UFT’s parallel execution support for web:
- Extended support for web browsers: UFT 14.51 now supports additional browsers, including Edge, Headless Chrome, and Safari on Mac machines
- Isolation mode: UFT also provides methods that enable you to run a section of your test script in an isolated mode, thereby protecting tests from interference with other tests running in parallel
Visiting run parallel web and mobile tests in our Online Help Center for additional information.
While this blog covers a subset of our functionality, more details about this release and other new features will be covered in upcoming blogs.
Download UFT today from the following locations:
- Evaluating customers: Try UFT
- Existing customers: Software Updates (Select "My Updates")
- Partners: Software Partner Community
To learn more about UFT, visit us at:
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.