Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Convert RM/COBOL indexed file v2.1 (dual) into current version 12

Hi,

I am working with a customer that is running RM/COBOL 2.1 under Unix Ncr (for a very long time...) and wanting to move to Linux. Their Indexed files are dual, one file for the data and another for the index. I thing that with previous versions there were a utility to migrate those file but I can not find it.

How can I move those dual files into a new indexed file?

Regards,

Juan Manuel Urraburu
Director of Technology @ ProRM & Axtrio
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
LinkedIn

0 Likes
5 Replies
jcantero Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Convert RM/COBOL indexed file v2.1 (dual) into current version 12

Hola Juan,

Creo que puedes hacerlo ejecutando "runcobol rmifca.cob".

Te pide el fichero a convertir ver. 1.x y lo convierte a ver. 2.0

Te pongo el rmifca.cob en este link: https://we.tl/t-7PHemL65FI

Si tienes problemas o no puedes hacelo enviame un fichero y sus indices de la version 1.x para que yo intente convertirlo.

Saludos.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Muchas gracias!

Funciona perfecto. Recuerdo que antes venía este conversor (en la versión 5 hasta la 7) pero obviamente por el paso del tiempo se ve que lo han quitado.

Saludos y gracias de nuevo,

Juan Manuel Urraburu
LinkedIn

0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Juan,

We used to provide an RM/COBOL-74 to 85 package on our old web site. This package contained the “RM74-85 Conversion” PDF document, along with, the COBOL source, and programs, detailed in the PDF document.

Below is a link to download that package:

amerftp.microfocus.com/.../RM74-85+Conversion.zip

**This link will only be active for 2 weeks.

Please let me know if you have any issues downloading these materials, or, if you have any questions.

Regards,

Steve Jolivet
Senior SupportLine Representative, North American Support
Micro Focus
0 Likes
jcantero Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Me alegro mucho.

Si, es que estos nuevos chicos de Microfocus se creen que ya esta todo el mundo trabajando con lo que ellos dicen.

Y lamentablemente hay mucho desarrollo que está con programación hace muchos años.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Thank you Steve!

Regards,

Juan Manuel Urraburu
LinkedIn

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.