Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Oscar_Ramos Absent Member.
Absent Member.

InstantSQL

Good day for all, we are making an integration of my ERP in RM-COBOL version 7.03 with another system in Oracle database and Sqlserver, I'm using the InstantSql to update some basic catalogs that are shared between both applications, I am trying to execute stored procedures that contain all the validations, in sql server if there are errors the procedure returns me a resultset with the information, but in Oracle it returns of the information in a cursor which I could not obtain the information.

These are the parameters of the stored procedure in ORACLE

and this is the code with which I'm running the stored procedure

This is the error that the program throws at me.

And the description of the error is the following:

additional to this Is that cobol uses to describe the parameters of the stored procedure

InstantSql version 7.5d.00
Version of the cobol 7.03
Thanks in advance for the help you can give me.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

RE: InstantSQL

Does this failure occur with every stored procedure that you call in the Oracle database, or, only this specific one?

Have you tried using only actual COBOL data items in your SQL BIND PARAMETER statement?

The error message seems to indicate that you have not correctly bound all of the parameters for this stored procedure, and, the documentation for Instant SQL does not state that you can use literals in your SQL BIND PARAMETER statement. It is possible that this is acceptable in some situations; but, in this specific stored procedure, the first parameter is of the "input-output" type, and, you are setting that to a literal value of "COBOL".

I would recommend either only assigning actual COBOL data items to bound parameters, or, modifying your SQL statement to not include parameter markers where you really want to use a hard-coded literal.

Please let me know, though, if the error persists after making these changes to your program.

**As a note, RM/COBOL v7.03 is very old, so, I would strongly recommend that you upgrade to a current release for added compatibility with newer platforms, and, product bug fixes.

Regards,

Steve Jolivet
Senior SupportLine Representative, North American Support
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.