UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Need a US based COBOL programmer to help troubleshoot and correct an issue in a Unix system.

Looking for a COBOL programmer to help troubleshoot and correct, possible having to create a logging program, an issue within our EDI module.  The system is replacing the current system date with a date from 2004 and we don't understand why.  Needing a programmer to look into this on contract work.  System was programmed using a Micro Focus complier, but was told it was an older version, and the new version cause problems.

Andrew Nussel

**PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED**

0 Likes
1 Reply
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I'm based in the UK but as you don't seem to have had a reply from anybody in the US perhaps I can help. I've used Microfocus Cobol products for 30+ years mainly on Unix platforms. From your post I gather that the date problem has only started since you've changed and recompiled the program. If that's the case I assume you have access to the source program. If you want to send it to me as an attachment to an email I'll have a look at it and see if I can work out what the problem is. I wouldn't charge you for this. Bob at dualcs.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.