Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
LindaPraed_img
New Member.

RM/COBOL Code Watch receiving error

Jump to solution

I've just installed v12 on a Windows 10 VM and am attempting to test the debugger.  Each time I start, I receive the following:

CodeWatch for Windows - Command line error: Option value must be single character or 0 to 255 for fill character.

I then override it with the correct path, apply and everything is great. 

Where do I update this command line to make the path update permanent?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: RM/COBOL Code Watch receiving error

Jump to solution
In the WOW Designer, for the Project->Options for your project, change the runtime command arguments to this:

L="%RM_PROGRAM_DIR%\WOWRT.DLL"

You can also quote the complete path if you prefer or if RM_PROGRAM_DIR isn't set in your environment.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Hi Linda:

Are you starting CodeWatch from the command line or a shortcut using the RUNCOBOL command line? The command line is invalid because there are spaces in the library (L=) pathname so CodeWatch is offering you a chance to correct it.

If this is the case, the fix is easy: when launching, surround the spacey pathname with double quotes:

rmcw elmain.COB L="C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\RM\RMCOBOLv12\WOWRT.DLL"

If you're composing the command line in the workspace wizard (for example, by browsing to the library in the Environment>Libraries tab) and it's not quoting a spacey name, please elaborate as that needs to be fixed. However, even then, after you correct the invalid command line and save the workspace, the updated command line should be persisted and used if you start CodeWatch with the saved workspace.
0 Likes
LindaPraed_img
New Member.

Jump to solution
I'm launching it from the WOW Designer.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
In the WOW Designer, for the Project->Options for your project, change the runtime command arguments to this:

L="%RM_PROGRAM_DIR%\WOWRT.DLL"

You can also quote the complete path if you prefer or if RM_PROGRAM_DIR isn't set in your environment.
0 Likes
LindaPraed_img
New Member.

Jump to solution
Fabulous!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.