Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
privatestock Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RM/COBOL Codewatch Version 7

Attention Representatives or Users,

I currently have the RM/COBOL Version 7.0 and I can't get Codewatch to display the source code screen when I get the workspace configured and click the 'Run' Option.  It displays the breakpoint screen and the runtime debug screen, but not the screen where the source code is.  I want to be able to pull up the screen with the source code highlighted during execution of the runtime in Codewatch and I'm unable to do so.  It also doesn't show the source code (.cbl) in the "Programs" or "Files" window on the left side of the screen as well.

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it greatly.

Jack Stockman

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: RM/COBOL Codewatch Version 7

As you are likely aware, this is a really old version. The only thing that comes to mind: did you compile with the Y=3 option to put the full debugging information into the COB files?
0 Likes
privatestock Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Uwe,
Thank you for your help. I tried that, it didn't work. I later found that I have to write a "stub" program to call the program I wish to debug in Codewatch. Codewatch will pull up the source and debugging information on the called program once the "stub" program executes. I can debug and trace the program easily from there.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Great! Happy to hear that you were able to solve the problem.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.