Highlighted
Frequent Visitor.

Editing of recorded activity

Hi,
at the beginning I want to point out that I'm just learning MF R PA.
I am currently using the 2020.02 test version.
And I have some questions:
1) Edit the recorded activity - how can I edit the recorded activity? I would like to add some actions (except Wait) between the recorded ones. I tried to do it in text version but I can't edit there either.
How can I add actions to the flow, e.g. starting the browser?
3) Is there a user manual somewhere with a description of basic actions or basic processes such as opening a notepad and typing text, etc.?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Regards,

Lukasz 

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor.

Could someone give me an answer? 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

editing in that version of RPA is very limited, unless you know some tricks, to find the recorded UFT script; launch UFT on the recorder machine; then edit in UFT; then export back into RPA.

Other options:

Install UFT on a different Windows machine from where any part of RPA in installed. Develop your script in UFT; Save for RPA; then in RPA - you can import the zip files. UFT installs with a 30 day temp license, so you don't need to worry about that.

"soon", there will be a new version of RPA released. I believe that in this version, getting access directly to the UFT that is installed in RPA will be available, so you will have full edit 

0 Likes
Highlighted

You can customize an imported RPA activity or a newly recorded RPA activity for more advanced use cases using the Activity Designer from the RPA activity toolbar.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Additionally, starting with RPA 2020.08 you have the capability to edit in a graphical manner a big portion of elements directly from the Workflow Designer main flow window.

HTH,

Adi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.