SteveRundle
New Member.

Can I set TN3270 ConnectionTimeout in v16.1.125

Can anyone help.

I'm a new upgrade to MF Reflection from Attachmate Extra!
When using Attachmate Extra! , I used to be able to set a connection timeout to say 2 seconds, before moving onto the alternative connection addresses. That meant I could go through a list of 4 connection servers in a few seconds. But I can't find a similar Timeout setting in in Reflection. The timeout is around 60 seconds which means I can take up to 5 minutes before I get control back

I can't see a similar setting in the connection settings or backup connection settings.

I have seen a "connectionTimeout" setting in XML in .r3dx document file but I cant edit it in notepad without making the r3dx file unusable.

I'm sure this can't been omitted so I think there must be a way to do it.
Thanks in advance

Steve
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Can I set TN3270 ConnectionTimeout in v16.1.125

Steve,

The same functionality from Extra! does not exist in Reflection Desktop. You can edit a session file using the Visual Basic Editor tool in Reflection Desktop. The Property value you want to change is HostCommTimeout. This Property only effects the first connection. So if you have 4 backup hosts, you will have a custom shortened timeout between the first and second connection, then the default timeout for the subsequent attempts. You can contact technical support for additional assistance or if you would like to open a feature request so that Reflection Desktop works more like Extra! did. support2@microfocus.com

Regards,
Jeff
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.