bschirf Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Enable Macros

Have Reflection Desktop 16.0.245.0
On the Tools tab, Visual Basic is grayed out.
We have users that need to edit / run macros.
I have looked through the installation options, but haven't seen anything that would block this.
Any help will be appreciated.
0 Likes
2 Replies
darnelho Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Enable Macros

Have you made sure to install all the prerequisites from the installation media?
How are you doing your installation? via the setup.exe or via the .msi?

https://www.attachmate.com/documentation/reflection-desktop-v16/deployment-guide/data/t_33384.htm

-Micro Focus Support

bschirf;2452807 wrote:
Have Reflection Desktop 16.0.245.0
On the Tools tab, Visual Basic is grayed out.
We have users that need to edit / run macros.
I have looked through the installation options, but haven't seen anything that would block this.
Any help will be appreciated.
0 Likes
bschirf Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Enable Macros

BTW I found the cause and the solution.

Our custom install.cmd was running setup.exe with a transform (MST), and then running the MSI customization (aka: companion installer)
In my research, I found that the transform also had a [post install] command to run the MSI.
This is strange, I thought, it's running the MSI twice. I removed the post-install command and the Visual Basic button was no longer disabled.

Problem solved. But I then remembered that there was another minor issue that bothered me: We ended up with two listings in the Add/Remove programs listing.
I experimented and found that putting back in the [post install] command and removing the MSIEXEC command (to run the MSI) from our script (to still only run the MSI once) resulted in both the getting only one entry in the Add/Remove programs listing and the Visual Basic button not being disabled.

Thus, I'm implementing this WIN-WIN change to our official installation package NOW!
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.