MadMacx Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Excel Macros via IBM-Reflection/Citrix // Urgend Help needed

Hi there,
I've a huge issue with using Reflectin V16.1 via Avixa/Citrix and need your help. As far as I know, V16.1 is backward-compatible with using VBA in Excel but I'm unable to get those macros working.

I was able to get Reflection recognizable in Excel but every singe keyboard command is unknown and is blocking Excel in doing his job. I added all necessary libraies in Excel but without sucess. If I record a macro it is also not usable in Excel because the VBA language is different.

If possible please let me know what I need to do in order to get all our macros workable again because our whole System is unusable if V16.1 is going live with us.
I'm not a VBA expert but we have a lot of macros in the "old" VBA language running and I need to find a solution immidiately.

Which libraies do I need to add and how can V16.1 accept the old keyboard commads like .TransTerminalKey / .TransANSI / .GetDisplayText / .MoveCursor and so on?

Your help is highly welcome 🙂

Thx in advance,
MadMacx
0 Likes
3 Replies
TomFitz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Excel Macros via IBM-Reflection/Citrix // Urgend Help ne

Hi MadMacx,

In Reflection Desktop there are several APIs,

Reflection NextGen API, the COM references are
0 Likes
TomFitz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi MadMacx,

In Reflection Desktop there are several APIs,

Reflection NextGen API, the COM references are

Attachmate_Reflection_Objects
Attachmate_Reflection_Objects_Framework
Attachmate_Reflection_Objects_Emulation_IbmHosts (for zSeries and iSeries sessions)
Attachmate_Reflection_Objects_Emulation_OpenSystems (for Unix/OpenVMS sessions)

Legacy Reflection API (i.e. the tradition 14.x COM objects), the References are

ReflectionCOM (for zSeries and iSeries sessions)
Reflection2COM (for Unix/OpenVMS text terminals)
Reflection4COM (for Unix/OpenVMS graphics sessions)

Legacy Extra! API (COM reference)

EXTRACOM

It looks like you are after the Legacy Reflection Reference, so add the following to your Excel project and you should be in the clear,

%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Micro Focus\Reflection\ReflectionCOM.tlb
%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Micro Focus\Reflection\Reflection2COM.tlb
%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Micro Focus\Reflection\Reflection4COM.tlb
0 Likes
MadMacx Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for your quick response Tom.

I've added following available References into Excel.

Attachmate_Reflection_Objects
Attachmate_Reflection_Objects_Framework
Attachmate_Reflection_Objects_Emulation_IbmHosts (for zSeries and iSeries sessions)

Once I add ReflectionCOM it will give me an "Application conflict Error" which is may be in conflict with "Reflection for IBM 16.1 Object Library"

Anyway I'll get in contact with our IT and let them know what you suggested.

Thx again,
MadMacx
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.