Highlighted
Vaibhav Golase Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

How to pass paremeters To AS400 Screen using Reflection ZFE?

I have Integrate As400 Server into My Web Application Using Reflection ZFE API. Now I want to pass my Login credentials(Username and password ) inside this screen. using JavaScript.

is there any method provided by reflection ZFE JavaScript API to send the Parameters inside this screen without human intervention ?

AS400ServerSceen.png

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: How to pass paremeters To AS400 Screen using Reflection ZFE?

Vaibhav,

The SDK provides for some limited means to authenticate to the Host Access for the Cloud session server. If the server is using LDAP for authentication, you can provide credentials to the constructor options which will be used when making the connection to the session server.

You can find the JavaScript API documentation here:
https://www.attachmate.com/documentation/hacloud-2-4/sdk/javascript/javascriptdocs/

var zfe = new ZFE.ZFE({
  url: 'http://zfe.company.com:7070/',
  target: document.getElementById('my-host-app'),
  username: 'johnsm',
  password: '12345',
  domain: 'CORPDOM'
});

zfe.connect().then(function (authenticated) {
  if (authenticated) {
    window.alert('user successfully authenticated');
  } else {
    window.alert('authentication failed');
  }
});

If you are looking to pass information to sign on to the host, you should be able to accomplish this using macros.  Have a look at the 'Macro' section of the above documentation. 

If this is not what you are looking for, I suggest contacting support for assistance or to open an enhancement request for this functionality. emeasupport@microfocus.com

Best Regards,

Jeff

0 Likes
Vaibhav Golase Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: How to pass paremeters To AS400 Screen using Reflection ZFE?

Thanks @Jeff B  For your valuable response 😊

I have seen in My current application we using Rumba Desktop 9.5 which we used to AS400 ActiveX control DLL which provides some methods to pass Data to emulator from code behind to AS400 Host System. Can we able to do that same using Reflection ZFE

Referenced DLLS:

• AxInterop.ObjectXAS400DisplayAs400
  • AxInterop.ObjectXMFDisplay
  • Interop.ObjectXAS400DisplayAs400
  • Interop.ObjectXMFDisplay
    One of this provide an Emulator class ,and by using this this class some method we were able to send data to AS400 Host System

m_Emulator.GetScreen(text, 1, 1, 1)

m_Emulator.SendKeys(m_SendKeys)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.