Highlighted
Vaibhav Golase Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

How to send value To AS/400 Host System With Using Reflection ZFE?

Hi All,

We have Integrate AS400 Host System into web application Using Reflection ZFE API.

Now we want to pass  some data (Parameters) to AS400 Host System (preferably using either JavaScript or else C#). Is there any method/api provided by reflection ZFE  to send the Data To As/400 Host System ?

In our current application we have used Rumba Desktop 9.5 To Integrate As/400 Host System .

We were able to accomplish this using the following code in the current desktop application:

Referenced DLLS:

• AxInterop.ObjectXAS400DisplayAs400
  • AxInterop.ObjectXMFDisplay
  • Interop.ObjectXAS400DisplayAs400
  • Interop.ObjectXMFDisplay

One of this provide an Emulator class ,and by using this this class some method we were able to send data to AS400 Host System

m_Emulator.GetScreen(text, 1, 1, 1)

m_Emulator.SendKeys(m_SendKeys)

It would be really helpful if you can point me to some URL which provides this info or scribble down some steps as to how to achieve this.

regards,

Vaibhav

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: How to send value To AS/400 Host System With Using Reflection ZFE?

Hello Vaibhav,

The JavaScript API documentation regarding the presentation space should help: https://www.attachmate.com/documentation/hacloud-2-4/sdk/javascript/javascriptdocs/PresentationSpace.html

Specifically the getText and sendKeys methods based on the methods you shared from your Rumba code.

Regards,

Jeff

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Hope You doing Well @Jeff B ,

I am not found proper code snippets in your JavaScript Documents for Passing Some Data(Parameters) to the Console(green) screen AS/400 system. there are some SendKeys() and SendText() methods available but I am not found when to call these method ? and which method should I use to send some Data ? It would be really helpful if you can point me to some code snippets.

0 Likes

Vaibhav,

I may have been leading you in the wrong direction. If you are looking to interact with the green screen, have a look at the documentation for creating macros. There are many samples in this documentation.
https://www.attachmate.com/documentation/hacloud-2-4/hacloud-user/data/create-macros.html#t49e4e0rpz29

Regards,
Jeff
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Direct Login.pngProdHoppSystem.PNGHi @Jeff B 

How to Open/Redirect Particular Session among multiple session Directly From another Window In Reflection ZFE .

We have created one custom tab/page on which  select Particular session to be open, and we have Integrated Reflection ZFE API into second Tab/Page and .But Reflection ZFE Provide Popup (which is in second tab/page) to select Particular Session . now we don't want that popup to open every time when we select particular session.

Please Provide some method or API to achieve  this . is Directly Open/Redirect Particular Session among multiple session Directly From another Window

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.