Highlighted
VMS Geek
New Member.

Is there a way to disable the "Allow exit while connected" option?

In the Connection Settings section, there is a checkbox to allow Reflection to be closed while a host session is active. I do not want to allow users to check that box. Has anyone accomplished this? Any tips would be most welcome. Thanks!

Environment Details:

Reflection for Desktop for UNIX and OpenVMS Version 16.2.731.0

Microsoft Windows Server 2016

Screenshot of the configuration option attached

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Is there a way to disable the "Allow exit while connected" option?

Hi VMS Geek,

There is a way to disable this option using a customized access file.  Based on the setting you are trying to control this appears to be a VT Terminal connection, so you would customize the rdox.access file in the following directions here.

Those instructions will allow you to customize what the user is able to change or view for any given setting.  There are multiple ways to distribute this change to the users as described.

Regards,

Jeff

VMS Geek
New Member.

Thanks for the quick response, Jeff! I think that is exactly what we need. I'll mark this as the solution once I've been able to confirm.
0 Likes

VMS Geek,

I wanted to verify if this solution worked for you.

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.