funkel1989 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Keymapper Assistance with Reflections 16 opensystems

Hello All,

I'm trying to utilize the WPF library for reflections 16 for open systems and when I attempted to add in our custom key mapping I was told it was not supported.

I received the error message:
Attachmate.Reflection.Framework.TucNotSupportedException: 'This is not supported in Terminal User Control context.'

on line of code:
Attachmate.Reflection.Emulation.OpenSystems.IKeyboardMapper km = Terminal.KeyboardMapper;

Does anyone know of a way to do a custom keymapping when using the WPF library?
0 Likes
1 Reply
vfast Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Keymapper Assistance with Reflections 16 opensystems

The Reflection Terminal User Control (TUC) provides programmatic access to only a limited set of classes from the Reflection .Net interface. No keyboard mapping, productivity classes, mouse mapping, file transfer. Mostly you get to work with the Screen object, and you can also work with themes, so that you can change colors and things. There is an interesting article on this in the Reflection .Net Guide...if you have an application with multiple sessions shown on a single form, you can clearly indicate which session has input focus by putting a reverse-video effect on non-selected terminals.

If you need non-default values for any of other stuff like keyboard mapping, use the overload for the TUC.InitInstance that accepts a string - and pass in the path to a previously configured .rdox file.

We love to hear about customers programming with the TUC, it's a pretty neat feature. Share some screen shots some time so others can see new ideas for using it.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.