Highlighted
derikgw Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Micro Focus Reflection Desktop Pro v16.x slow in VM

We have our IDEs and other tools running in Horizon VDI virtual machines connecting with VMWare Client. Currently all of our tooling is very fast, but Reflection is very laggy and slow where typing and scrolling in code via a 3270 terminal is concerned. I am wondering if anyone else experiences this and if there are any utilities, difference versions of Reflections, etc. that might be suited to a virtual environment. Thanks!
0 Likes
2 Replies
TomFitz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Micro Focus Reflection Desktop Pro v16.x slow in VM

Hi derikgw,

I don't think with is a slam dunk, you should open a service request with Technical Support (support2@microfocus.com).

Reflection does work in a Virtual environment, and I've not see the kind of behaviour you describe before in a Virtual scenario. Are you seeing any character being dropped when you type quickly in the 3270 display terminal?

Tom
0 Likes
derikgw Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Micro Focus Reflection Desktop Pro v16.x slow in VM

No characters dropped but it does buffer all key strokes. So when typing quickly or scrolling you have to sit there and wait for the text to spam to the screen, or wait for it to stop scrolling screens in the case of scrolling.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.