ozbrian Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Reflection V16 Macro Question

Hi, I am moving from Reflection V7 to Reflection V16.
In V7 I was able to record a Macro and assign it easily to a key (like F12).
I could then record simple macros as required and assign them to this key, overwriting the old macro.

How do I assign a macro to a key in V16?

Thanks
Brian
0 Likes
1 Reply
TomFitz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Reflection V16 Macro Question

Hi Brian,

you can use the Keyboard Mapper (on the "Tools" tab in Ribbon mode "Keyboard Mapper", or if using classic then you can find the mapper under the "View" menu, "Keyboard Map").

1. Locate the customer in the Input box and then press the key combination which you wish to map.
2. Now click on the "Select Action" button which should now be enabled

3. In the Action mapper which appears you can map the sequence to execute your Workspace macro of choice (you have a list of comon action on the left of the dialog), or you can may to execute a legacy Reflection macro and lots of other thing via the "Other Action" option.

Alternatively you can write a macro to map a action to a key sequence programmatically. It's not trivial but it's done overly complicated either.

Cheers,
Tom
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.