Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Groovy API documentation?

Hi,

I am playing with RLC 6.0 and I noticed that , for example, Release Package process app uses Groovy scripts in sample workflow. I am wondering whether the Groovy API for SBM is documented somewhere, and if so, how one could get this documentation.

Best regards,
Dmitry
2 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I don't know about any Java or Groovy API. The Deployment Automation Integration Guide has a section "Creating Your Own Plug-ins".

I think the Serena KB has a couple tutorial articles for creating your own plugin (or "plug-in", both spellings are used). Also check the KBTV section.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

There definitely is a groovy API (accessible via rest calls in SRC 6.0), but it is currently undocumented. Actually the fancy widgets in SRC 6 are largely done thanks to this interface. Here is to be hoping that this is a "not yet", and eventually this API will be officially accessible for customers.

Even though its is not officially supported as of yet, we managed to take advantage of it and you can do some quite elegant stuff . I therefore proposed an idea to open that interface and make it available to all SBM users as a replacement (eventually) for app script https://www.serenacentral.com/community/ideas/sbm/adopt-the-groovy-framework-of-src6-into-sbm-groom-it-into-app-script-replacement
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.