Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Custom Req Type Icon

Am I able to load some additional Requirement Type Icons into ALM?

I have setup a Requirement Folder called Trash in each of my linked projects and have Data-Hiding enabled so whenever anyone "besides an admin" drags/drops requirements into that Trash folder they can no longer be seen by the users or show up in any of their reports.  This effectivly deletes the items for the user but I don't loose any requirements or History, and I am able to restore items if needed, again without loosing history.

Only problem is that people keep trying to delete/rename/mess with the Trash folder which is locked down but I'd like to update that to have a standard Recycle Bin icon so they stop trying to mess with it, but I don't see any way to upload a custom icon.  I'm also thinking about creating a new Requirement Type = Trash so I can more easily lock it down, but again, I'd like to have a good trash icon for it.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

I was able to get Alex Irvine's advice to work...

Find your favourite 16x16 png image and a base64 encoder, then update REQ_TYPE.TPR_ICON_STREAM for your Req type.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.