Highlighted
Captain
Captain

Image display / viewing issue in Rich Text field of a Requirement

Hello,

I am expriencing a similar issue as listed in the following post. Image (s) pasted in the “Rich Text” of a requirement are displayed to the “author” of the requirement but not to any other user, who accesses that same requirement. The message displayed is “This image does not exist”.

Now, if any other user (different from the author), modifies that same requirement by pasting a few more image (s), he / she can only view them. But any other user including the Author, is not able to see those newly added images. The same message “This image does not exist” is displayed.

Original Post : http://community.hpe.com/t5/Quality-Center-ALM-Practitioners/Requirement-quot-The-image-does-not-exist-quot/m-p/6850997/highlight/true#M96234

Can you please help me with this issue? As we are heavily using the “Rich Text” a solution to this issue is extremely critical.

So far, I have done the following analysis:

1. Checked the Site Admin module for any specific settings. Also, checked various if I need to setup any parameters in “Site Configuration”
  2. Checked the Project setup for any specific setting.For the (1) and (2) did not find any find any leads
  3.   Also, checked the following tables :  

SELECT * FROM CROS_REF where cr_entity='REQ' and cr_key_1=XXX order by CR_KEY_1

SELECT * FROM AUDIT_LOG where AU_ENTITY_TYPE='REQ' and au_entity_id= XXX order by au_time

SELECT * FROM SMART_REPOSITORY_LOGICAL_FILE SL,SMART_REPOSITORY_PHYSICAL_FILE SP

where SL.SRLF_PHYSICAL_ID=SP.SRPF_ID and SL.srlf_name like '%REQ_ XXX %'

order by SRLF_LAST_MODIFIED

Where XXX = Req ID

So essentially for every “image paste” action, an entry is made in the above tables. However, what I saw is the CRS_REF table is not getting updated for the majority of them.

In addition, I would like to get details / recommendations on the following :

1. The “Rich Text” data is not stored on the database. It is stored in the file system. Can you please clarify this a bit further? Is there a way I can validate the images / paths on the QC Server?
  2. We can store “Rick Text” on the DB but it is not recommended. However, since we are planning to use the “Rich Test” option heavily, do you foresee any issues in storing it on a DB? As loosing that data (stored in Rich Text) will be catastrophic.
  3. Can you provide listing of all systems / application log/error file names with their path which can be used to troubleshoot issues?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Captain
Captain

I am sorry. I forgot to mention that we are on HP QC Version 12.50.59 (Patch 1). Please let me know, in case this is known issue and can be FIXED by installing a new patch.

Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.