Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Requirement Module - Reset Req ID field

Jump to solution

Hello

I need help.

If I upload requirements and found some error after the load (i.e. a few are wrong) and then I delete all of them, can I reset the req-id (auto generated) to start from beginning?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

You can only change that from the Admin site, by modifying the value of Sequences table with SQL

Update Sequences set SQ_SEQ_VALUE = 0 where SQ_SEQ_NAME = 'REQ'

Make sure there are NO requirements left before you do this, else your get messed up with duplicate Req ID's

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

You can only change that from the Admin site, by modifying the value of Sequences table with SQL

Update Sequences set SQ_SEQ_VALUE = 0 where SQ_SEQ_NAME = 'REQ'

Make sure there are NO requirements left before you do this, else your get messed up with duplicate Req ID's

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Admiral
Admiral

There is really no need to do this though unless you want to tie a requirement ID in ALM to a requirement ID from an external source, like a spreadsheet. It might also be preferable to have a separate user field to track that external reference as if you have configured any requirement linking, hierarchy, defect links, coverage etc, all this could be damaged.

Edward Moore
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.