Highlighted
New Member.

Requirement Report mixed up in order

Hi everyone,

We are using ALM (11.52) for our requirements and we are createing reports (Word) based on them.
The folder and requirements structure in ALM, is also what we need in our generated report. 
But the problem is, that the folders and requirements are mixed up within the same level.

I have checked all filters, both in the report and requirements view - nothing is selected.
The report checkbox for keeping hierarchy is checked.

Do you have any idea, why the order is different in the report than it is in the ALM Requirements view?

Thanks in advance
Philipp

Example like it is in ALM and the generated ReportExample like it is in ALM and the generated Report

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

I ran a quick test in our req'ts, ALM 12.01.  My report matched the order you see the requirements screen cap I made. Since today (12/6) is part of exerpt Q&A day, if you've got a service contract (SAID), you can post a question to the experts, see if this is a known defect. Report it as a potential defect if they don't have anything.

sort order.jpg

Good luck.

Shari

-Shari
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Has there been a solution for this? I still expereicne the same issue and I have no idea how to fix it.

The question here is what ALM report is using to sort these requirements?

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi ssadeghi67,

Unfortunately I have no update on this issue.
My solution was to drag the content in MS Word to match the order like in ALM and since we got an company internal update to Version 12.x I am no longer facing this issue (yet).

Hopefully you will find a solution, by the way, since I asked my question here, I learned a lot about the SQL reports and how to use them.
There you can create powerful reports as well but more in Excel than in Word.
Might be tip for you to have also a look on these SQL-reports.

Good Luck

Regards
Philipp

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.