Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Message Retention in caching mailbox

Hello Member,

I've set up Retain for a GW system. After every email has been archived, I've set up "Enable Message Retention Service" for every mailbox. The goal is to keep every message in Retain, no user is allowed to delete a single message. This works fine in WebAccess, and Online GroupWise mailbox, but users in caching mailbox can easily delete everything, even fresh emails that are not archived at all. And this syncs back to the online mailbox. Nothing remains in the Trash folder. The "Limits apply to cache" in enabled. Is this working as designed? GW server and client is 18.0.2.

Regards,

Gellert

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Message Retention in caching mailbox

Hi Gellert,

Do you have the Client Options | Environment | Cleanup | Force Synchronization of cleanup options to caching/remote setting enabled?  If so, then the retention policy should carry over to the cache client.  If not, please enable it and let me know now it goes.

Thanks,

Pam

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Pam,

After you told me so, I've enabled "Force Synchronization of cleanup options to caching/remote" setting. I still cannot delete and empty an unarchived message from WebAccess, but I can easily empty my Trash folder in caching mailbox, which syncs back to my online mailbox. So I can easily work around the "archive everything, delete nothing" company rule.

Regards,

Gellert

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Gellert,

It sounds like this might be a bug.  Would you open an SR on it?

Pam

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Pam,

I will. Yesterday I've received the necessary Customer Center rights to open a SR for this customer. 🙂

Regads,

Gellert

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.