booktrunk1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Retain - Folder structure.

Hi.

When "retaining" emails. It puts them in same location they are in when it's archived doesn't it and doesn't move it or does it if you change where a file is stored.

So for example ...
Email A comes in.

The day it comes in I put it into Folder A

So it gets archived and stored in "Folder A" within my retain archive.

Now 3 months later within Groupwise i decide to move everything out of "Folder A and put it into Folder B. So the user a year later says ohh that was in Folder B before it was sucked out as it had reached our age limit... Logs into Retain to look for the Email, scours Folder B but cannot find it.... Presumably he just has to use the "search" function or look in Folder A 🙂

Am i right in thinking this. Or does it tell when an item has been moved from one folder to another and move it to the correct folder?

Further to this what about IMAP Clients if the user isn't using Groupwise and uses say MacMail will it replicate all the local folders on the MacMail Client or will they all be in the inbox.

Thanks.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Retain - Folder structure.

On 11.03.2019 12:04, booktrunk wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> When "retaining" emails. It puts them in same location they are in when
> it's archived doesn't it and doesn't move it or does it if you change
> where a file is stored.

Not quite. If you move it later and retain runs again, you'll end up
with (the same) mail in both folders in retain.

> Further to this what about IMAP Clients if the user isn't using
> Groupwise and uses say MacMail will it replicate all the local folders
> on the MacMail Client or will they all be in the inbox.

I know nothing about MacMail, but usually there is no such thing as
"local" with IMAP. IMAP *should* be all on the server, aka the folders
you see in Standard IMAP clients will be normal groupwise folders on the
server.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
PatMueller Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Retain - Folder structure.

More importantly, if an email is archived before it is marked as having been opened, it does not update that status in the archive (although I am told this is in the works for a future release).

One does need to be careful using the Litigation Hold feature when producing emails-- if the archived item looks like it has not been opened and read even though the item had been opened in the active mailbox after being archived. Just a heads-up.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.