Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
lokiirs Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Connecting Rumba through VBA

Hi,
I refered to the same forum to write an application to connect to Rumba, I am not not finding ObjectXConfigureTn3270Link type. Which OCX or reference i need to add to get this type.

https://community.microfocus.com/microfocus/mainframe_solutions/rumba/f/12/p/13119/23410.aspx#23410

Could you please tell me what i have missed..? I have added Active X main frame display control

0 Likes
5 Replies
TomFitz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Connecting Rumba through VBA

Hi lokiirs, 

You have not mentioned which language you are using, if VBA then:

if you add the ObjectX Mainframe Display Control to your form (as in the sample you pointed out) 

Then a project reference to "C:\Program Files\Micro Focus\RUMBA\MFrame\WdMfDsp.Tlb" (or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\RUMBA\MFrame\WdMfDsp.Tlb" on a 64bit Windows OS) should be added automatically, you may want to verify that the project reference exits.

This hosts the ObjectXConfigureTn3270Link configuration object.

Note: I am testing with RUMBA 9.4

Tom

lokiirs Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Tom. It worked.
0 Likes
lokiirs Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Tom,

While i am developing this application in VB.net i came across a question,

When i chose to add ObjectX mainframe display control it imports AxInterop and Interop file for communicating with the activex control, so if i have to use my application in a different system where i have Rumba 9.4 installed, do i need to port AxInterop and interop files along with the application(.exe)?

If i have to port only .exe to other system which has Rumba 9.4 installed which platform i should use? or any other way which i am missing?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,
the AxInterop.ObjectXxxxxDisplay.dll and Interop.ObjectXxxxxDisplay.dll are runtime wrapper for the referenced ActiveX Control.
My understanding is that you need to deploy both assemblies with your .exe

A better option is to use the Rumba Developer Edition.
RDE .NET components are objects that are available for you to use in .NET code
The Rumba Developer Edition (RDE) provides a set of controls and components that enables
you to build .net applications without the need of the runtime wrapper.

Cheers
/andre
kjb7126
New Member.

Re: RE: Connecting Rumba through VBA

Hello Andree,

How do you install the RumbaDeveloperEditionVisualStudioAddin?

Thanks,

Kyle Bowling

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.