Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
cateye Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Launching Rumba 9.2 sessions in seperate windows

Jump to solution

Currently when I launch Rumba I launch it from a "Sessions.rdps" file that starts up four Rumba sessions (session1.rsdm, session2.rsdm) etc. Using this method means i have a single Rumba application that has the four sessions inside the single application window, under their own tabs.

Can anyone tell me how I could launch the four sessions but in their own individual Rumba application window? I've noticed that if I launch "C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\RUMBA\System\RumbaPage.exe" then I can launch this multiple times individually as seperate Windows, however if i append the path of a session to this command and run it more than once, the sessions are all opened as tabs under a single Rumba application Window. I've also tried a simple DOS batch file as below, but this also launches the sessions under individual tabs on the same Rumba application Window. How do I get all four to launch seperately?

start "S1" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\RUMBA\System\RumbaPage.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\RUMBA\Sessions\S1.rsdm"
pause
start "S2" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\RUMBA\System\RumbaPage.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\RUMBA\Sessions\S2.rsdm"
pause
start "S3" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\RUMBA\System\RumbaPage.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\RUMBA\Sessions\S3.rsdm"
pause
start "S4" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\RUMBA\System\RumbaPage.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\RUMBA\Sessions\S4.rsdm"
pause

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cateye Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Launching Rumba 9.2 sessions in seperate windows

Jump to solution

I resolved this myself, by editing some settings in the "RumbaPage.exe.config" file.

0 Likes
6 Replies
cateye Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I resolved this myself, by editing some settings in the "RumbaPage.exe.config" file.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Jump to solution

Please execute the following steps in order to open each Rumba session in a new window:

Click on Options > Rumba options -> Tabs

Disable "Enable new Tabs" and "Always show tabs" options

Now enable "Allow multiple Rumba instances" and "Open session in a new window" options

Press OK and restart Rumba window.

Now all your sessions will open in its own separate window.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Please execute the following steps in order to open each Rumba session in a new window:

Click on Options > Rumba options -> Tabs

Disable "Enable new Tabs" and "Always show tabs" options

Now enable "Allow multiple Rumba instances" and Open session in a new window" options

Press OK and restart Rumba window.

Now all your sessions will open in its separate window.

0 Likes
PatrickS Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
In RUMBA 7.30 there's no >RUMBA OPTION >Tabs !
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
That's correct because Rumba 7.3 does not have Tabs.
Tabs has been introduced in 2009 into RUMBA 8.0.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Launching Rumba 9.2 sessions in seperate windows

Jump to solution

Hi Amelias,
the default is to open Sessions in TABS in the same Workspace.
You can change the default setting under Options -> Rumba Options

2019-10-29_101343.png

regards

/andree

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.