workcenter: allow multiple filter criteria

Idea ID 2737988

workcenter: allow multiple filter criteria

as we begin to dig into workcenter one of the big frustrations i'm beginning to see is the lack of ability to select multiple filter criteria in various places around the app. Two of the biggest pain points are activity feeds and search. In an activity feed you get the nice donut graph with the groupings that make up that donut to the right. You can only select a single criteria from this donut at a time. Clicking a different criteria, deselects the first selection and selects the new criteria. I personally expect/prefer a single click to select and second click to deselect a criteria. This enhancement would greatly increase the utility of this new feature. When performing a search, the results are now returned with facets that allow you to further refine your original results. Its very frustrating to not be able to pick multiple values within a single facet. I might want to narrow my "Project" facet by more than one value. This is certainly available in most facet selection tools - ever search for shoes where the brand is Nike AND Adidas? I think that both of these improvements would offer significantly more value to these critical bits of functionality

3 Comments
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
This is similar and related, although not exactly the same request, to http://www.serenacentral.com/community/ideas/sbm/allow-additional-filters-facets-to-be-added-to-the-search-result-refinement-navigation-pane. Since the idea to add additional facets has already been accepted as Under Consideration, I'll mark this one the same and we'll evaluate them together for the 1HCY'16 release.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Actually, the activity view already supports this feature, in the case that the activity spans multiple projects. In this cas when you select a project, there is a very nice animation where it zooms in and the project axis "disappears". It would be great to have the same ability for all filter axes. Potentially even two levels of "dig ins" could be useful
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Delivered

Multiple facets can be selected.  And comment below about Activity views. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.