Adding the MoreActions pop out menu to your legacy applications.

Adding the MoreActions pop out menu to your legacy applications.

More-Actions.jpg

More Actions!

***We have this working currently in 10.1.3.1 with SSM 5. However I have tested it in the 10.1.5.2 with the latest version of SSM and it is working.***

The MoreActions menu was originally included with the SSM install. All of the "out of the box" applications for SSM like the CMDB, CRM, Incidents, and Service Requests use this menu style to display actions and transitions. However, there was no native way to include it in your custom forms. So, I spent some time pulling it apart and found out that it is actually pretty easy to include. There are some key dependencies and elements that your form will need to include that I will explain below. 

Requirements

1. You'll need to have SSM installed.
  2. All controls and widgets need to be created and named exactly as defined below.

Steps

1.  First you need to add a HTML/Javascript Widget named CustomStyles to your form. I make it as small as possible and just tuck it away in the corner. It will need to include the attached script which introduces the MoreActions, modern UI styles, and it hides the top tool bar. Just copy it out of the text file and paste it into the content section of the widget You'll want to comment out the line for HideField("buttonHeaderSection"); if you are upgraded beyond 10.1.3.1 because you can do this in the Tool Bar properties in Composer and leaving it in will cause a conflict.

MoreActionsScript.docx

2.  You need to create a panel named MySideBar. You can put anything you want into this panel but it needs to be there and be named MySideBar. I put this along the left side of my form.

3.  Then, you need to create another panel called MoreActionsPanel that exists inside of the MySideBar panel. This is where you will create your hover over link for your more actions menu.

4.  Inside of your MoreActionsPanel you will want to create a hyperlink with a name of MoreActions and a display name of "Actions" or "More Actions". The display name can be set to whatever you want but the control names need to be exact.

After all of this is complete, any transition that you have not created a button for will show in the More Actions drop down list. In the image attached to this blog, you can see where I have an image style button I created for "Complete" and all other available transition appear in the pop out window when I hover over the "Action" hyperlink. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Labels (1)

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Comments
Hi Ryan, Thank you for this article. I was wondering if you know how to hide certain actions on the list like "Link subtasks" etc.
I believe that you can do that by going into the wizard.js and searching for the link you want to remove. I wouldn't remove them entirely but rather just comment them out. Send me a message if you have trouble finding it.
The MoreActions menu was originally included with the SSM install. All of the "out of the box" applications for SSM like the CMDB, CRM, Incidents, and Service Requests use this menu style to display actions Install http://printcalendartemplates.com/september-2017-printable-calendar-template/ http://printcalendartemplates.com/august-2017-printable-calendar/ Explain Elements and transitions. However, there was no native way to include it in your custom forms. So, I spent some time pulling it apart and found out that it is actually pretty easy to include. There are some key dependencies and elements that your form will need to include that I will explain below.
You have really make a sense in this post and make the things in the single post. I would like to read or more posts from your side. Thanks for Sharing this post with us. Chase Routing Number California ] Calendar Printable January 2018 Calendar Word February 2018 Calendar Calendar 2018 February Check this once.
[url=http://www.allformtemplates.com/free-receipt-printable-template-for-excel-word-pdf-formats/]Introduction Of Receipt Template Depository Receipt templates[/url]
hey get here Gta 5 Apk is best site for download gta 5 apk
Get Here if you want download pc games free you are right now check here Fifa 18 Android
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎2020-01-30 18:13
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.