Adding the MoreActions pop out menu to your legacy applications.
***We have this working currently in 10.1.3.1 with SSM 5. However I have tested it in the 10.1.5.2 with the latest version of SSM and it is working.***
The MoreActions menu was originally included with the SSM install. All of the "out of the box" applications for SSM like the CMDB, CRM, Incidents, and Service Requests use this menu style to display actions and transitions. However, there was no native way to include it in your custom forms. So, I spent some time pulling it apart and found out that it is actually pretty easy to include. There are some key dependencies and elements that your form will need to include that I will explain below.
- You'll need to have SSM installed.
- All controls and widgets need to be created and named exactly as defined below.
2. You need to create a panel named MySideBar. You can put anything you want into this panel but it needs to be there and be named MySideBar. I put this along the left side of my form.
3. Then, you need to create another panel called MoreActionsPanel that exists inside of the MySideBar panel. This is where you will create your hover over link for your more actions menu.
4. Inside of your MoreActionsPanel you will want to create a hyperlink with a name of MoreActions and a display name of "Actions" or "More Actions". The display name can be set to whatever you want but the control names need to be exact.
After all of this is complete, any transition that you have not created a button for will show in the More Actions drop down list. In the image attached to this blog, you can see where I have an image style button I created for "Complete" and all other available transition appear in the pop out window when I hover over the "Action" hyperlink.
I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.