Never have I ever went to test my change in Dev but I was logged into Prod.

Never have I ever went to test my change in Dev but I was logged into Prod.

I was doing a little research today and stumbled across a new feature in SBM 11 that I thought should get a little extra attention.  It is small, but has a lot of impact if you have been in the situation of have a browser tab with Prod open and the next browser tab has Dev open and you are tweaking a workflow and testing changes and then getting frustrated when you are not seeing them, only to find out that you were looking at Prod. 

Wouldn't it be nice to have a bit red flag to let you know you are not in Prod?  This feature does just that.  I suspect you will not include the banners on your production system, but any other development or test SBM instances would be a great place to make this change.  It does require a database row modification and a template modification, but the level of effort is minimal.

This enhancement is referenced in the ReadMe and here is a link to the KB article for instructions:  http://knowledgebase.serena.com/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=S141379

My image below shows how this is represented via the Work Center.  Banners are also visible in the classic UI, Admin and App Repository.  By default the background is light blue, however you can change the HTML so that it jumps out at you as I have in the image below.

Labels (1)

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Comments
Cool feature. Another cool idea I saw a customer doing was on their Dev system they would would change the "Theme" to the "Modern Sand" color and on their Prod system they would use the "Modern Blue" so they could tell where they were.
x
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎2020-01-30 18:16
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.