Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Adding a custom date/time keywords to a calculated field

How do I add custom date/time keywords to a calculated field? I would like to use Minus 180 days, but there are only options for Minus 365 / 30 / 7 days. See screenshot
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Adding a custom date/time keywords to a calculated field

Those are just example keywords you can use Minus 180. Just type it in rather than selecting it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That works on the filter (thanks! didn't know that), but when defining the custom field, it only allows existing fields or the default date/time keywords.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Not applicable

You are right too - Guess I never needed to do that. You should report it though if nothing more than an enhancement request. I assumed it would work the same way
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Mike!

A workaround that I thought of was to create a numeric field with a default value and subtract it from the date.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Not applicable

Yeah that'sa good idea however keep in mind that SBM stores the date in the number of seconds since 1/1/1970 so if you are going to do that your number field should be the number of seconds in 180 days.

Try it and post back results 🙂
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Peter,

I encountered something similar. I submitted an idea/enhancement request for it:

http://www.serenacentral.com/community/ideas/sbm/enhance-customize-date-time-keywords

-Danny
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.