Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
curtiplas Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Anyone Upgrade from 10.1.4.1 to 10.1.5.1 (MS SQL) yet?

Jump to solution
I'm starting to plan my upgrade from 10.1.4.1 to 10.1.5.1 our DB is running on MS SQL 2k8. I'm just wondering if anyone has performed this upgrade? I'm assuming it's a straight upgrade path. This will be my first upgrade on SBM... So any insight is helpful.

To put that in perspective we went from TeamTrack 6.6.1 to Mashups, then to SBM 10.1.4.1 in our last upgrade path (jumped a whole decade into the future -_-).
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dsheaffe Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Anyone Upgrade from 10.1.4.1 to 10.1.5.1 (MS SQL) yet?

Jump to solution
Hi Curtis,

We went from 10.1.4.1 to 10.1.5 on SQL 2008 and compared to your last upgrade, this one should be a breeze. Just follow the read me with the steps for a minor upgrade and all should be OK.

A couple of important things to remember, take a copy of your databases and existing install location before you start just in case things dont go to plan, make sure that any customisations that you have made that you have copies of those as well (eg, have you modified any templates??), if you don't take a copy of your existing installation, then at least you have copies of any email templates (ie, for notifications).

Good luck,
Dave

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
dsheaffe Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hi Curtis,

We went from 10.1.4.1 to 10.1.5 on SQL 2008 and compared to your last upgrade, this one should be a breeze. Just follow the read me with the steps for a minor upgrade and all should be OK.

A couple of important things to remember, take a copy of your databases and existing install location before you start just in case things dont go to plan, make sure that any customisations that you have made that you have copies of those as well (eg, have you modified any templates??), if you don't take a copy of your existing installation, then at least you have copies of any email templates (ie, for notifications).

Good luck,
Dave

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Franz Andel Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hello Curtis,
we upgraded from 10.1.4.1 to 10.1.5 on SQL 2008 R2 in february 2015 and everything workes fine.
Currently we are on 10.1.5.1 without problems.
I only had one problem with localized notification templates (we use german and english). The localized notification templates were empty after the upgrade from 10.1.4.1 to 10.1.5.
If you use localized notification templates, I would also recommend to take a copy of these before you start.
0 Likes
curtiplas Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution
Thanks for the updates. We don't have any localized notifications. My biggest fear is jumping versions as I know depending on the scenarios you can run into some... "weirdness" 😕
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.