Highlighted
edward_whitbeck Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Button HTML behavior - errors on simple code

I am using a button to generate a printable version of the form. I am using a button to open a custom popup. I am entering HTML and {variables}. I am having much trouble getting this to produce much of anything. I can get it to pop up on single lines of code, but anything going more than one line it will not work. The button is clickable but no popup, no error, nothing. In the past, this has worked fine, I tried to modify the code and now nothing is working. We are on SBM 2009 R4.

I am also seeing a javascript error, "undetermined string constant" which points to the end of the behavior HTML, a blank line.
0 Likes
3 Replies
bamos Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Button HTML behavior - errors on simple code

Ed,

This sounds like a known issue we're working on. See if this link is the same issue and if the workaround works for you.

http://knowledgebase.serena.com/InfoC.
0 Likes
edward_whitbeck Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Seems like it doesnt only occur with "{" in the text. We have found that the cause is any type of white space, or carriage returns. By putting all of the code on a single line it does function.

When is a fix for this going to be relased?
0 Likes
bamos Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ed it looks to be slated for the 10.1 release.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.