Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Call a delete transition using actions

Question posted 1/24/09 by Ramez Kayaleh
Details:

I am having problems executing a delete transition through actions. Here is what I am trying to do:
Through Actions and depending on a binary field, Transition A can call either transition Pending or Delete. Between transition A and (Pending & Delete) is a state called "XYZ". When binary field is checked the Pending transition executes properly and takes the record to the Pending state. When binary field is unchecked the Delete transition is supposed to delete the record and end up at the Delete state. Instead, it deletes the record, lands in the XYZ state and gives the following error:
Your attempt to access the record was not successful:
The record has been deleted and could not be found. Please close this window and refresh the item list

Please help. These inconsistencies are becoming very frustrating.
Thank you

0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Comment posted 1/26/09 by Lynn Mattie

I'm not sure I 100% understand what you are trying to do. If you are using the system "Delete" state, that really isn't a state at all. It is just an indicator that the item is no longer in the system. Maybe you could create your own "Deleted" state that is an inactive state and create your own "Delete Item" transition that takes the item to this state. That way it remains in this "Deleted" state and you won't receive an error about trying to access a record that doesn't exist. However, I'm not sure how it can wind up in the "XYZ" state and be deleted at the same time.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.