neal_boswell Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can I find the Role associated with the current user?

Can I find the Role associated with the current user?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
edward_whitbeck Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can I find the Role associated with the current user?

I dont know of a way to do this in the front end, but if you open administrator and find the user, you can see all of the groups that they are a member of.
0 Likes
neal_boswell Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Ed, I should have supplied some context. I'm looking to do something in SBM Script and/or Javascript in order to manipulate fields based on Role.

In Composer I can set which fields are editable by Role and then set them to be read only by Transition, I'm just afraid the application I'm working on is going to require "Allow Role X to update Field Y in Transition Z, unless Issue Type = t or (Issue Type = x AND Field A s possible since the privileges are a combination of all the user, group and role privileges associated with that user.
0 Likes
edward_whitbeck Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can definately use SBM Script to grab the role from the current user. Look into the database schema. You will have to querey a few tables to get the information that you are looking for, but it is possible.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.