Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can I read the Transition Value with Javascript?

Hello,

Hope this is not a double post.... Last one did not show up....?

I have certain javascript that I want to run during certain transitions. I can do this with the VBSCRIPT but I need to do it with the Javascript?

I want different selection checkboxes to show up on different transitions. Hide fields on certain transitions. I would rather not create different forms for each transition.

Regards,

Will
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Will,

I know your aversion to form actions but take a look at this image. You could just put this form action on your form temporarily and then run it and view the source of the page to steal the code the action uses.

Hope it helps
Brian
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Or even easier. This function returns the current transition name.

GetTransitionInternalName()
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The JavaScript global variable "ids_transition_name" contains the transition display name. Personally I'd go with Brian's suggestion. Internal Names are not likely to change.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the ideas I will give them a try.

Agreed, Internal Names are the way to go.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.