Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can we have multipe versions of a Mashup and eventually merge them back into one?

Question posted 4/7/09 by Stephane Venne
Details:

I have a little question.
Here at my work we are preparing to have multiple developers working on our dev server.
So far so good, he can check out and check in stuff.
But my problem is that I know that in the future that we will not only have to work in the same mashup, but also that we will have to work on different version, parallels ones that will need eventually to be merged.
For example let’s say we get to request for changes on the same mashup. The 2 improvement might not be released at the same time and the last one released will have to include what the previous one had, so it’s like a merge but not exactly like one just go one way.
Is there a way to clone a mashup on the same server then at one point have it merged back?
Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Comment posted 4/8/09 by Brian Rosenberger

Hi Stephane,
we currently neither support branching the mashup version tree nor merging changes from other versions. However you may come near to that if you set up two mashup manager instances (with to different databases attached), you can handle each branch in one of those repositories.
But BE WARNED. This is not a supported or verified set up. You have to take care of any changes (collisions) yourself.
Make sure to request an enhancement for branching the mashup version tree.
Cheers
Brian

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Comment posted 4/8/09 by Stephane Venne

I think i'll learn to live without, thanks for the speedy response.
Maybe in the future i'll try the to manager instances, sound interesting

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.