Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Clear existing selections of Multi-User field dependent on Single Selection field

Jump to solution

I have a Single Selection (independent) field changing the default selections to a Multi-User field (dependent). I set the defaults in Administrator under Projects. The problem is when the Single Selection field value changes, the Multi-User field selections get added to the list. I want the existing selections to be cleared and replaced with the new ones.

Single Selection dependent fields operate this way because they can only have one value. Any new value has to replace the old one.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

It is very simple. In your form just add a On change event on your selection field to clear your multi user field.

Thanks,

Arun

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi,

It is very simple. In your form just add a On change event on your selection field to clear your multi user field.

Thanks,

Arun

View solution in original post

Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Yes, that's what I ended up doing. I was hoping I would have to maintain this in two places (Composer and Administrator) when entries change.

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class
s/would/wouldn't
0 Likes
I think you no need to maintain in two places. In composer you are just clearing user list whenever selection list changes. The configuration of mapping remains only in SBM administrator PORTAL.
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

That would be true if ALL your independent field selections have dependent field defaults. If they don't, the dependent field selections will be wiped out, which is not a desired behavior. To fix that, the form action needs to specify the independent field selections that should trigger a clear and ignore the others. If new independent field options are added, the form action might need to be updated, too.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.