Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Copy Transition without Attachements

Jump to solution
Hi everyone,

is it possible to use the copy transtion to create a new item but without copying the attachements from the original item?

Kind regards,
Michael
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Copy Transition without Attachements

Jump to solution
Change it to a Post type of transition, choose the same table your copy was copying to, and make it a quick transition. Now this might be all you need, but it will show the user the submit transition. You can create a new "Hidden" submit transition and reference this in your post transition, if you need the behavior of this form to be different than your normal submit transition.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Change it to a Post type of transition, choose the same table your copy was copying to, and make it a quick transition. Now this might be all you need, but it will show the user the submit transition. You can create a new "Hidden" submit transition and reference this in your post transition, if you need the behavior of this form to be different than your normal submit transition.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I should point out that the Copy transition only copies a reference to the attachment and doesn't make a physical copy of the attachment itself.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thank you Lynn, this solutions works great. The only problem with this solution is that when i call the copy transition from a State with an Owner i have to fill in an Owner in the referenced submit transition too, altough i don't need an owner in the state after the referenced submit transition. Is there an solution for this problem too?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Not sure if I'm 100% following, but does this help: If you want to force the user to fill in a new value on the post, then clear that value on the override of the submit transition.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.