Highlighted
dsheaffe Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Creating Jira issues from SBM

We are trying to setup an 'integration' using the REST caller to create Jira tickets from SBM issues.  We have it basically setup and are taking the title and description fields through to Jira (and returning the Jira ticket ID).

Our problem is that the Description field in Jira is displaying the source code view of the SBM Description field.  Even if we just include a carriage return in the Description it shows in Jira as seperate "<div>"s in Jira

Has anyone got any thoughts on how we might be able to resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
5 Replies
PM Thompson Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Creating Jira issues from SBM

In SBM Composer, remove the "Enable rich text" option for the "Description" field.  I'm not sure if you can do that after the app has been deployed.  If you can't do that, then you'll have to jump through some hoops, depending on whether or not users have submitted items into the App in your Production environment.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Unfortunately it has been deployed and the Description field already has rich text on existing issues. I've checked Composer and it will let me turn off rich text - but does warn that existing issues will display in plain text and html tags will be displayed.

Any thoughts/suggestions on what "hoops" I might have to jump through to leave rich text enabled in SBM?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I think your best option is to try to use RegEx to strip rich text tags on the description field.  If you add a hidden descr2 hidden field, you do a mass transition to update descr2 for all of your existing items.  At the point, you have the option of turning off the rich text all together using just the new descr2 field, or keep the field hidden on the form and update the descr2 field in the background.

-David

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks David. I was assuming I would have to use Regex or perhaps jquery or javascript to strip out the tags. Looks like I need to do a bit more research to work out he best option and take it from there.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I think you could make the case for an enhancement to SBM, allowing text fields to be returned as "Stripped" (i.e. without HTML tags). It could be a parameter in the API call either at a global level (all fields returned stripped) or at a field by field level depending on what you needed.

Might be worth submitting an idea in the Idea Exchange!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.