Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Customising Field Names on Workflows

I have 2 work-flows configured using the same table for field values:

-Workflow A

L...Workflow B

Is it possible to change the field names that are displayed on forms for Workflow B?

Currently they are set as the same names as is Workflow A. They will essentially contain the same data, but for cosmetic reasons I would like to have them changed.

We are running SBM 2008 R2.08.253
Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Customising Field Names on Workflows

You cannot change the name of the field. There is only one entry in the fields table for any particular field and that only has one Display Name column.

However, in separate workflows, you could use separate custom forms where, on the form, you remove the field's real display name label and replace it with just a text box.

Does that help?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Bill, that sounds like it will meet my requirements.
(have already set up custom forms)
This may sound like a strange question, but how do you remove the field display label?
I have looked within the help etc.. but everything I find looks to have it locked to the Field name that was set when the field was created in the table.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can select just the label part of the field and press the delete key or right click it and select "Delete".
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OMG - that was so simple - I can't believe i missed that!!!!
THANKS
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.