Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Duplicate workflow, Different User permissions - Looking for Best Practice

SBM 2009 R3.01

I have a workflow for task assignment. The Assignee is the owner of the task and the list of users is User Group A. Eveyone in Group A can see all tasks, but they can only transisiton if they are the Assigneed.

Now we want the exact same workflow, but the list of Assignees is a different user group (call it User Group B). To further complicat it, we don't want either user group to see the other user groups tasks.

Does anyone have an opinions on the best way to accomplish this? I haven't worked specically with Projects - is this something to consider?

Thanks in advance!
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Duplicate workflow, Different User permissions - Looking for Best Practice

Using a separate project is probably the best way to do this. I've found that setting project privileges gives you the most flexibility in granting or restricting specific privileges.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Duplicate workflow, Different User permissions - Looking for Best Practice

sub project is the way to go and it's pretty easy
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.