forumadmin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Excel link in a custom html report template

Question posted 12/5/08 by James Butler
Details:

Is there a macro or some other way to include the TeamTrack Export to Excel link in a custom html template?

0 Likes
2 Replies
forumadmin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Excel link in a custom html report template

Comment posted 2/17/09 by Doru Voinea

James,
If your HTML template is hosted on Serena's Teamtrack Web server you could generate an Excel link similar with the link included in Serena's report.
For example this link could be similar to:
http://<server>/tmtrack/tmtrack.

0 Likes
Highlighted
James Butler
New Member.

Re: Excel link in a custom html report template

I am using a view definition, an html template, and an appScript to do these reports. In the appScript I have a link using this url:
" _

& "Export to Excel

This does not export the content of the html that was generated by the appScript in the html template, it exports the data fields, if any, that were selected in the first part of the report creation. So to get the fields in the view I have to base the report on the view, and select the fields that I am displaying in the html template. Not really what I wanted cause this way I only get the raw data from the view in the excel file and none of the formatting and coloring I have in the html template.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.