Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

General notifications

I would like to send a notification to all users regarding upcoming system and policy changes. Is there a way to do this using delayed notifications? As far as I can tell notifications are keyed to items and changes in them; is there place to hang notifications-to-everyone? I'd settle for a way to send a notification to everyone in a group. Using SBM 10.1.1.4.

Yes, I could extract all users from a report to Excel and put them into the address field of an Outlook message, but I'd rather not have to do that.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: General notifications

You could create a global aux table with Title & Description fields and add a notification when an item is added to e-mail to all groups. Then whenever you add a new item to this table, everybody would be notified.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sounds like a good solution - essentially create a table that exists only to trigger notifications. The description column could include text of the notification perhaps.

Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Exactly
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If your email system supports global distribution groups or lists you could create a single address there and send a notification to that address.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes. We wanted to use something inside Serena to avoid maintaining such a list, as our users are a mix of people from different organizations.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.